Top 5 Green Cleaning Products
With spring right nearby, a lot of people are anticipating a long held tradition clean and to freshen their dwellings.
With that comes the choice of which cleaning products to use. Most folks are not aware of the risks in using standard cleaning products involved.
The regular cleaning product, whether it is bleach, dish soap, air freshener, or an all-purpose cleanser, features substances that are dangerous. Many of these chemicals, called “cancer causing agents” literally cause cancer. The list goes on.
That is why it is so important to “go green”, even if it’s just for your health’s sake.
National laws are currently not in spot to compel producers to disclose all ingredients used in the cleaning products. But some producers do some of their ingredients to list, and just a little research will reveal which ingredients cause damage.
Just stated, green products are products that do not contain toxins that are dangerous to the environment or your health.
There is insufficient space here to list all the dangerous chemicals that can be found in most cleaning products (even some of the so-called “green” varieties). By the way, some of the “green” cleaning products aren’t really green due to lack of guidelines that have yet to be demanded by the FDA.
To save yourself time, I’ve included a list of healthy products below.
I have spent a substantial period of time researching error, trial and products, and have found some of high quality products that really are green, and safe to use.
1. EcoSense product line by Melaleuca company. This line of products is sold by a private company (Melaleuca) and you WOn’t find the products in stores. It’s a business that boats directly to consumers. These are the highest quality products for the best price.
2. Dr. Bronner’s 18 in 1 Pure Castile Soap (Peppermint ) Found in most natural health shops, it’s a healthier alternative to a general cleaning product.
3. J.R. Watkins – These products smell good and function nicely. They can be seen in some stores, and a little more pricey than your average cleaning product, but you receive a huge return on your own investment when you consider your well-being.
4. Seventh Generation Toilet Cleaner- Discovered in some health shops, thsee toilet cleaners have an ear their odor, but are some of the best choices for toilet cleaners because they lack toxins that are harmful.
5. Bon Ami – This is a scouring powder like comet. It is made from egg shells and ash and works excellent on cleaning projects that were rougher. Baking soda also can be used as a scouring product that was natural.
DIY – In case you are interested in making your own products, white distilled vinegar works. A great all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, and even disinfectant when used properly. Pour into your mop water and you have got a floor cleaner that is healthful, powerful. (Beware: there are varying views on using vinegar on wood or granite floors.) When using vinegar, make sure to cut on the vinegar in half and all purpose cleanser, otherwise it will not be too alkaline to use in your surfaces. The odor is… well, fairly vinegary. But the smell dissipates as it dries.
If all of this is too much, you always have the option industrial cleaning supplies to hire a cleaning service that is green to do your cleaning. Even if you’re away from home while the cleaning is done, the substances resonate in the air and on the surfaces. Care should be taken to protect your family’s health and your health from these toxic compounds. Just changing your products could save you a lot of cash and headaches in the future.